We’ve painstakingly compiled this listing of 25 Great Vegan Foods for $7 or Less in Portland, OR
All items are $7 or less! They are listed in no particular order.
We purposely stayed away from happy hours deals, where some of these items may be even less expensive! Check out our podcast with full item descriptions and more rants & raves here.
25 Great Vegan Foods for $7 or Less:
- Steak and Cheese at D.C. Vegetarian $5
- Vegan Club at Backspace $7
- Small plate at Portobello Vegan Trattoria (i.e. Italian Sausage stuffed Ravioli with Daiya and Broccoli Raab) $7
- Misoyaki Eggplant at Miho Izakaya $6
- Vegan Apple Fritter at VooDoo Doughnuts $2.25
- Maple Sausage Waffle at Flavourspot $5
- Vegan slice at Dove Vivi $3.75
- Broadway Bowl at Native Bowl $6 for Regular
- Tofu Salad Bun at Pho PDX $7
- Falafel Sandwich at Hush Hush $5.50
- Red Red at Asaase Ital Palace $6
- Lunch Special (entree, summer roll, drink) at Thai Basil cart $5
- Fries and dip at Potato Champion $3.50 regular, $4.50 large
- Frito Pie at Fixin’ To $7
- The Jade Abbot at The Ruby Dragon $4.50, single
- Chicken Salad Sub at D.C. Vegetarian $5
- Lunch Buffet at Green Wok $6.50
- NoPo Burrito at Proper Eats $6.50
- Tempeh Things (buffalo or bbq) at The Mash Tun Brewpub $6.95
- Pad Thai at Thai Food Cafe $7
- Big Lunch Special at Bombay Chaat House $5
- Biscuits & Gravy special at Sweetpea Baking Co.
- Fried Pie at Whiffies Fried Pies $3-4
- Wok Bar at New Seasons $6.95
- Weeping Tiger Sandwich at The Bye & Bye $7
- Taqueria Los Gorditos – the cart and taqueria. We’re shocked neither of us included an option and expected the other to – we just couldn’t decide on which excellent item! Nachos? Torta? Soy Curl Mulita?
- Vegan Eggplant and Cashew Tofu Stir Fries at Just Thai $5 – This cart is sweet, very vegan attentive and happy to include extra vegetables!
- Anything from Sip!
- Spaghetti with Gravy or Spicy Soba Noodles at Yarp?! $4-6
- Field Roast sandwich at East Side Deli
- Biscuits & Almond Gravy at Vita Cafe and Paradox Cafe $3-5
- Side of Organic Smash Coconut Yams at Papa G’s $3.85
- Everything else that’s slipping our minds!
This is not a definitive listing of the BEST offerings out there, simply 25 great suggestions we’ve tried in the recent past.
Do you agree with any of this? Let us know & please share your favorites!
Looking for more recommendations? For an older list be sure to check out our May 2008 podcast on Cheap Food in Portland for $5 or less. Many of these may be out dated, but some are still relevant.
Some photographic evidence of said 25 Great Vegan Foods:
Ravioli Small Plate at Portobello Vegan Trattoria $7
Apple Fritter VooDoo Doughtnut $2.25
The Jade Abbot at Ruby Dragon $4.50
Red Red from Asaase Ital Palace cart $6
New Season’s Wok Bar $6.95
Regular Cone at Potato Champion! $3.50
Hush Hush Falafel Sandwich $5.50
Chicken Pad Thai at Thai Food Cafe $7
Frito Pie from Fixin’ To $7
Big Lunch Special from Bombay Chaat House $5
Whiffies Fried Pie – cherry chocolate chip $3 (Photo by Lucas DeShazer)
Steak & Cheese from D.C. Vegetarian $5
Chicken Salad Sandwich from D.C. Vegetarian $5
Lunch Special from Thai Basil Cart $5
Misoyaki Eggplant at Miho Izakaya $6
Tofu Salad Bun at Pho PDX $7
Buffalo Tempeh Things at Mash Tun $6.95
Club Backspace from Backspace $7
Biscuits & Gravy at Vita Cafe $3-5
Special at Taqueria Los Gorditos
Spaghetti with Gravy (Tomato Sauce) and Veggies at Yarp?! $6