August 4, 2013
Hey guys! It’s been a while! Just a reminder, Sweetpea no longer serves Sunday brunch (for a long, long time now), and they still get a whole lot of folks with sadfaces who show up looking for it on Sundays. Hopefully these folks still walk out with a muffin or new crossaint or something else great, right? Right!
Here’s the recent email we received: I wanted to let you know that we haven’t had our Sunday brunch buffet for over a year now, and instead offer breakfast until 11am 7 days a week. I’m hoping you can update your website to let people know–every week I have to break people’s hearts as they come in search of the elusive buffet! Please let me know if this is a possibility, and feel free to contact me with any questions. – Manager, Sweetpea
If you want to catch up with the what the Stumptown Vegans have been eating in Portland, follow our official Instagram! @stumptownvegans
|Sweetpea Baking Company Brief Review|
|Overall||Service||Food Quality||Atmosphere||Vegan Options|
|Location: 1205 SE Stark StreetPortland, OR 97214 (503) 477-5916|
|Hours: M-F 7am – 8pm, Sat 8am – 8pm, Sun 9am – 8pm||Times Visited: Unstoppable|
Sweetpea no longer provides Sunday brunch.
Winter 2010 Sweetpea Baking Company added a full sandwich menu!
Sweetpea Baking Company is too awesome for a review. You should know we love them.
Enjoy the photos, visit and have some of the best vegan baked good you will ever have.
Here are a few of our favorite things…
- Warm, flaky danishes on Wednesday mornings.
- Yeasted Boston Creme donuts on Saturday mornings.
- Specialties: A recent oh, so, sweet, creamy coconut lime bar with graham crust was the stuff dreams are made of.
- Daily soups: Seitan Noodle that leaves you with a delicious black pepper high, Wholesome Lentil, Uber Satisfying Tomato, Kale & Kidney Bean. Just like you wish your mom used to make, but vegan. Served with house made foccacia adorned with sea salt and fresh rosemary that’s begging to be dipped and nibbled.
- Housemade Schmears! No, not the bagels themselves, but the flavored cream cheeses Sweetpea offers. Bacun Scallion, Strawberry, and Fiery Chipotle are the Stumptown Vegan preferences. We also love that they’ll let you do half one flavor, and half another.
- Lattes: This vegan bakery & cafe offers almond, rice, soy, and hemp milk. Always great Stumptown house coffee in cute mugs, too!
- Absolutely gorgeous cupcakes and layer cakes.
- Sandwiches: The TVP un-chicken salad is one of their most popular.
Happy Bowls: Will make your muscles strong as you devour a bowl full of fluffy grains, green vegetables, beans and a tasty sauce of your choosing. Choices include BBQ, Garlic Aioli, Lemon Tahini and Peanut.
We’ve previously reviewed the justifiable frenzy that is Sweetpea Brunch.
Go early and see who you spot! Our favorite things from brunch are the chicken seitan, warm waffles, biscuits, gravy, and giant heaps of steamed kale.
Visiting Portland? You must stop here!
We’ve wasted what seems like years trying to capture how awesome Sweetpea is. So, until a more thorough review comes out – enjoy the photos!
Apple Fritter and Coffee
Bagel Schmeared with Chipotle and Black Olive Cream Cheeses
Hemp Almond Latte
Coconut Lime Bar
Seitan Noodle Cup with Foccacia
Tomato Soup and gluten free cookie
Mock Chicken Salad Sandwich
Iced Sweet & Spicy Almond Chai
Photo by Sweetpea’s own Katie Jane.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Black Forest Cake
Bacun Maple Doughnut